The Northwestern Pacific Railroad: Redwood Empire Route [by] Fred A. Stindt and Guy L. Dunscomb. [Redwood City, California and Modesto, California: Published by Fred A. Stindt [and] Guy L. Dunscomb, 1964.]. 28x21.2 cm, pp. [1-3] 4-272, 514 illustrations, 9 maps, title page printed in green and black, original green Fabrikoid, front and spine panels stamped in gold, pictorial endpapers. First edition. Signed on the title page by Fred A. Stindt. The Northwestern Pacific Railroad, created in 1907 by the Southern Pacific and the Santa Fe through the consolidation of some forty railroad companies, had 550 miles of track, narrow gauge, standard gauge, dual gauge, as well as about 20 miles of interurban rail, in northwestern California from Sausalito north to Trinidad. By the late 1950s the Northwestern Pacific, which terminated railroad passenger service in Sonoma County and Marin County in 1958, was little more than another operating division of the Southern Pacific. A fine copy in very good dust jacket with touch of wear at edges and dust soiling to rear panel. (#166258).
First edition so stated on copyright page.