The Tioga Road: a history 1883-1961 by Keith A. Trexler ... [caption title]. [Yosemite National Park, California]: Published by Yosemite Natural History Association in cooperation with the National Park Service, 1980. 22.8 cm, pp. [1-2] 1-28 [29-30], 20 illustrations (including one on front cover), 1 map, pictorial self wrappers, stapled. Third printing, revised. The Tioga Road originated as the Great Sierra Wagon Road, built in 1882-1883 up the western slope of the Sierra to the short-lived Tioga Mining District. During 1905-1909 the eastern branch was constructed from Lee Vining, making it a trans-Sierra route. However, it was not until 1915, after the western portion of the road had been purchased from its owners, donated to the federal government and repaired, that the Tioga Road became a practical east-west route across the park. This booklet was first printed in 1961. Lower front cover foxed, small bookstore price sticker on rear cover, a very good or better copy. (#138939).
"First published in June, 1961; revised 1975; 1980" on page .