Yosemite's High Sierra Camps by Shirley Sargent [cover title]. [Yosemite, Ca. Flying Spur Press, 1977.]. 22.7x15.1 cm, pp. 1-16, 11 illustrations (including cover illustrations), 1 double-page map, original pictorial wrappers, stapled. First edition. The High Sierra Camps were established in 1916 when the Desmond Company built three "mountain chalets" at Tenaya Lake, Tuolumne Meadows and Merced Lake. The extension of this type of facility was encouraged by the National Park Service as a means of bringing more people into the back country by offering meals and minimal lodging facilities to hikers. Today seven camps are operated in the Yosemite High Sierra by the Yosemite Park and Curry Company. This booklet provides a short history of each camp with a description of its physical setting and facilities. A fine copy. Provenance: a presentation copy inscribed by Sargent to Lloyd Currey on the inside front cover: "Best wishes / to Lloyd. / Shirley / 5-77." (#166140).
No statement of printing.