O'er cañon and crag to the land of gold. Colorado Springs, Colorado: Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek District Railway, n.d. [circa 1901]. 9x15.5 cm, pp. [1-4] 5-24, 11 illustrations from photographs, printed in red and black throughout, original green wrappers, printed in dark green, stapled. First edition. A brochure issued around 1901 by the Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek District Railway, a 45-mile standard gauge railroad that operated between Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek between 1897 and 1920. Both a promotional booklet and tourist souvenir, it includes "scenes along the way," a description of the two and a half hour trip, a "continuous panorama of Nature's most gorgeous mountain and canon scenery ..." Well illustrated, including some interesting views. The roadbed of the bankrupt railroad was converted to an automobile toll road, the Corley Mountain Highway, a popular tourist attraction. When the road's special use permit expired in 1939, it was taken over by the U.S. Forest Service and renamed the Gold Camp Road. The Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek District Railway -- Corley Mountain Highway historic district was put on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. A very good copy. (#166846).
No statement of printing.