U.S. GRANT HOTEL ... SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA [cover title]. San Diego: U. S. Grant Hotel, n.d. [Circa 1915.]. Single sheet, 16.8x35.6 cm, folded to make eight panels. illustrations, Printer's imprint on outside rear panel is "Woodward & Tiernan Prtg. Co., St. Louis." The U.S. Grant Hotel, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a historic hotel in downtown San Diego, operated by Marriott Hotels & Resorts as a part of its Luxury Collection. The construction of the hotel, designed by Architect Harrison Albright, was overseen by Ulysses S. Grant Jr. (son of President Ulysses S. Grant and husband of Fannie Chaffee Grant who had purchased the Horton House in 1895 and decided to tear it down in 1905). San Diego voters helped finance $700,000 for the $1.5 million needed to construct the hotel after Grant lacked the funds to do so. The hotel, named after his father, opened on October 15, 1910. The 11 story-high luxury hotel had two swimming pools as well as a ballroom on the top floor. "The hotel was refurbished in the 1980s, but fell upon hard times in the subsequent decade due to a financial slump. It changed hands several times during the 1990s. In 2003, the hotel was purchased by the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation, who closed the doors for 21 months to renovate the building. It reopened in October 2006" (Wikipedia). Not in Rocq. A fine copy. (#167689).
No statement of printing.