"TELEGRAPH HILL OBSERVATORY," SAN FRANCISCO, CAL. San Francisco: Lith. Britton & Rey, n.d. [circa 1884]. Advertising card, 8.7x13.3 cm (3.5x5.25 inches), printed on both sides. Chromolithograph engraved by H. Steinegger. Verso advertises the Telegraph Hill Railroad Company's "wonderful electric cable car railway to the summit" and the construction of "a splendid building, in which is combined a concert hall, on the main floor; a bar-room, restaurant, and private dining rooms below, and in the upper turret the Observatory, where are kept a powerful telescope and marine glasses ... in short, Telegraph Hill has now become one of the sights and resorts of San Francisco ..." The cable railroad opened to the public on Sunday, 1 June 1884. The Telegraph Hill system was one of 23 lines established in San Francisco between 1873 and 1890. A very good copy. (#166308).
No statement of printing.