THE NEW CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS, NEW YORK ... ISSUED BY C. C. CONROY, REAL ESTATE, OFFICE 39 MAIN STREET, NIAGARA FALLS, N. Y. OPPOSITE CATARACT HOTEL [cover title]. Niagara Falls, N. Y. The Daily Cataract, Printers, 159 Falls Street, 1892. Single sheet, 39.6x42 cm, folded to make 16 panels, 4 illustrations, 1 map. A real estate brochure predicting a robust future for the city. Includes a lengthy article, "The New City of Niagara Falls, N. Y." by George M. Bailey, reprinted from the Illustrated Buffalo Express, April 3, 1892. The map is the first published map of the City of Niagara Falls. The city was incorporated on March 17, 1892 from the villages of Manchester and Suspension Bridge, which were parts of the Town of Niagara. By the end of the nineteenth century, the city was part of a massive region of heavy industry which grew steadily, along with tourism, during the first decades of the twentieth century. The city is now part of America's rust belt with a declining population and one of the highest crime rates in New York state. A fine copy. OCLC records this brochure, but does not provide a location. (#166678).
No statement of printing.