ADIRONDACK LEAGUE CLUB PRESERVE. 1906 ... COPIED AND DEVELOPED BY AUGUSTUS D. SHEPARD, JR., ARCHITECT. 170 FIFTH AVE., N. Y. CITY. FROM THE TOPOGRAPHIC SHEETS OF THE U. S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY. New York: August R. Ohman, Map Publisher, 97 Waren St., 1906. Folded map, 67x54.5 cm (26 3/16 x 21 1/2 inches), printed in blue and black, sectioned and mounted on canvas. The Adirondack League Club, a private landowners' organization, founded in 1890 mainly as a club for hunting and fishing club, is one of the oldest and largest private preserves in the Eastern United States. It is situated on 53,000 acres of land near Old Forge in the Central Adirondacks. More than thirty lakes and ponds are spread throughout the Preserve and approximately ten miles of the Moose River, historically, one of the finest trout streams in the country, flows through it. The main clubhouse, completed in 1914, was designed by Augustus D. Shephard. In 1931 Shepard published CAMPS IN THE WOODS, a 96-page book on camp design. Cole (1976) 2695 (copy at BluM). A very good copy. (#172691).